Sunday 30 May 2010

Saturday at the Beach and some Crochet

We were in Northumberland on Saturday. Went to the beach at Boulmer, walked along the sand, collecting my favourite shells : little limpet shells, and then we into the lifeboat station for a cup of coffee. They were having a little coffee morning, with delicious home-made cakes. "Go in there", an old guy on the beach shouted to us "The Victoria Sponge is delicious". And it was.


I noticed a lot of grey: The skies were pretty much grey all day, and it was not warm, but despite that, I seem to have caught the sun from my little walk on the beach. When I say "caught the sun", it is not that I go brown, just that my freckles join up.

The buildings in Boulmer are lovely old grey stone, weathered by the sea. It is a real fishing village,with the boats hauled out of the sea by tractors sitting on the sand.

I finished the back of my little crochet jumper. It is looking ok, and I am happy with it. To be honest, I'm not sure about crochet clothing, so we'll see how it goes. The pattern is quite difficult at the edges. It is probably obvious to other people, but the "treble in next but one chain space" seems to be confusing my brain, lol.

2 comments:

  1. The North East Coastline is lovely...I see you have put your Prairie Blanket photograph on your header. I can't tell how much I love that photograph! The crochet jumper is looking really nice...can't wait to see it finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this post made me really homesick for the UK.
    I was born in Northumberland and lived in the North East until I was in my mid twenties.
    Now I live in Spain and beautiful as the beaches are here they do not compare to the beauty of the ones back home.
    I enjoy your blog. Love crochet and am currently doing a ripple afghan but it is very slow.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete