Sunday 14 March 2010

Vintage Vintage Stripe

This is the original Vintage Stripe, which I have duplicated. It belonged to my grandmother and was made for her, about 20 or 30 years ago, my mum thinks, by someone unknown, maybe her home help. It was at my mum's house under a cat, but I rescued it, and as possession is 9/10ths of the law, it is mine now, (at least for a while).

It is made in what appears to be 3 ply wool in a nylon/acrylic. Most of the wool is self-coloured but some is variagated.


The pattern is easy. It is basically treble/treble into the spaces of the row before, with a scallop trim border around the finished blanket. The tricky part was the right number of trebles at either end of a row to get exactly the same number as the row before. There were a few pyramid shapes before I mastered it.

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason why I was here but got totally sidetracked by your `books` comment! I love the Vintage Stripe Blanket but how do you get exactly the right amount of trebles at either end of each row? I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete